Funding sources for undergraduate research in ecology and evolution
Undergraduate Teaching Assistanceships
Opportunities vary per university, but check with your department and work-study websites for information. Sometimes these opportunities aren’t advised well- if you have a class where you would like to do this, it doesn’t hurt to ask the instructor about opportunities!
$4,000 stipend, up to $1,300 in EB travel expenses and a one year complimentary APS membership. 10 week position.
- Opens in October
- There are a variety of scholarships available
- Subject list: Botany, Coastal Wetland Studies, Conservation & Ecological Restoration, Desert Studies, Garden History & Design, Horticulture & Related Fields, International Work & Study, Landscape Architecture, Native Bird Habitat, Pollinator Research, Summer Environmental Study, Urban Forestry
- Includes academic assistance (up to $9500 per year) for two years and a 10-week paid summer internship ($700 per week)
- Eight week stipend and academic credit
- $5000 summertime grant in New York and New Jersey area
If you are an URM student and your mentor has an active R01, they could apply for a diversity supplement to cover your stipend, tuition, and up to 4K in institutional allowance. I also have a diversity supplement application to share. DM if interested.— Anny Reyes, MS (@annyreyesNeuro) June 10, 2020